Wednesday, February 2, 2011

no day like a snow day

Except. We didn't have a snow day. Campus was still open and I still have to go to work. BG even sent an email about classes still being in session and safety tips. Yup. Safety tips to get to campus without getting hurt.

Question: If you have to send an email to tell us to be safe when attempting to make it to class, and that if we choose to skip class today we have to email our professors, why wouldn't you just close the university?

Answer: You're stupid. Every county around us is sitting paralyzed in a level 3 snow emergency. Findlay, Owens and University of Toledo (the three other colleges all within 20 mins of us in three different directions) closed down.  Yet we still have class. So instead of being smart and following suit and putting your students safety first, you decide to squeeze a few more possible dollars out of us and force us to come to campus. You. are. stupid. 




So. Instead I stay home. I played in the snow. I took a Ke$ha quiz, according to her my inner animal is a panther.  I caught up on my blog.

Here are some pretty pictures. and what I wore to play in the snow.

I'm warm and toasty (inside at least) 

The snow in front of my doorstep

Snow drifting down. Not many of them showed up, but trust me there were a lot. 

The snow on my coat sleeve! superbigflakes!

My feet in the snow. Don't worry, my boots are insulated.

The pretty cars look cold under their snow blankets


No comments:

Post a Comment