Wednesday, June 15, 2011

How to get dressed (It's actually really easy!)

Ok. So you got your closet all nice and clean and sparkly new! Yay for you! Now I'm guessing you did this so you can get dressed easier and pull out more fabulouso outfits everyday.


Now it's time to use that wonderful organization and make a banging outfit.


First things first, yes, you do have to get dressed because "Clothes make the man.  Naked people have little or no influence on society (Mark Twain)" . 


Now you've got to answer some questions:


 Where are you going today? Church? Work? Hanging out?


 What are you going to be doing in your clothes? Are you going to a fancy dinner where you can be comfortable in your highest heels because you'll be sitting? Or are you going to the zoo with your family or friends, so it would be smarter to wear flats?


What's the weather going to be like? If it's sunny and 80 then a turtle neck sweater will probably be to hot and you shouldn't be wearing shorts in the winter cause um...brrrrr.


Now that you've look at your agenda and the weather you can pick your outfit. 


Start with something you love to wear. Maybe you're favorite shoes, or a necklace that just amazing. Whatever it is, it should make you feel great when you put it on.  Now build from there. 


Here's an example: Let's pretend like I didn't have to work and I got to go with my friends to Cedar Point the other day. 
I would be walking around all day and riding roller coasters, so my shoes would have to be comfortable and stay on my feet because taking them off is out of the question for me. So sandals or sneakers. Sneakers are too easy so I'm going with sandals.



Next, it was a beautiful 68 degrees all day, with a slight breeze So a lightweight cardi would be great because it gives my outfit substance and color, while keeping me warm while standing in line. (it's kind of breezy next to lake Erie).  Now I could pair this with a simple graphic tee-shirt and some distress jean capris but I think I'm going easy one piece here : Romper!


Also a cross body bag is perfect because you can carry your things, like money and stuff your sweater in when you get too hot. Don't forget the perfect pair of shades and an easy accessory that wont get annoying if you sweat like a necklace or big earrings would. Plus it wont get blow off on the ride : ) 


Now after you've looked at the weather and you're agenda and planned out your clothes it's time to do your hair. Again this one depends on your hair texture and how it behaves (or doesn't) in said weather. I like to google cute hair styles, or when I see one on a model in a magazine I tear it out and keep it on my inspiration board. 


If I were at Cedar Point today I'd probably do my hair like so.


  
Simple and easy. Plus it looks better the messier it is, which is what the best rollercoasters in the world will do to your huur, mess it up. 












Don't forget to layer. Layers make things interesting. And mix things together that you normally would. 90% of an outfit is attitude. Just check out Man Repeller. If I tried to wear this stuff I'd look crazy, but because she wears it with pride and purpose she looks great. 


Sometimes its easier to take an outfit you see on a mannequin or in a magazine (or even pull one from a picture you took) but I'll show you how to do that Friday! 


Kthxbye!

No comments:

Post a Comment